Whenever we hear the term cosmetic we tend to associate it with surgical procedures to enhance one’s physical appearance.
While appearance is definitely an aspect of the specialty, cosmetic dentistry covers a broader range of procedures than one might originally assume.
For example, let’s say you teeth your jaw as a result of a sports injury. This type of injury will undoubtedly necessitate a consultation with a cosmetic dentist.
If you’re in need of cosmetic dental work, it’s time to learn about the benefits of one of the top cosmetic dentistry West Chester-based practices, Chester County Family Dentistry offers its residents. In addition to providing our patients with the best preventative care, we offer top-notch cosmetic dentistry here in West Chester, PA.
It’s important to understand how much we value the doctor-patient relationship. So many people have expressed the lack of connection between health professionals and their patients. We understand procedures such as oral cosmetic surgery can be a nerve-wracking experience. And that’s why at Chester County Family Dentistry, we consider each of our patients a part of our extended family.
Types Of Cosmetic Dentistry
As dental knowledge and technology have progressed, cosmetic dental options have also evolved. Patients are much more likely these days to have access to the benefits of procedures such as orthodontics or dental implants.
Here are some of the main types of cosmetic dentistry available to patients like yourself:
- Dental Implants – When a person loses one or multiple teeth, implants are surgically-placed into the spaces so that matching replacement teeth can be attached. This is a very cost-effective option because of the permanency of the implants.
- Inlays and Onlays – Made out of composite resin material or porcelain, these are used for slightly decayed teeth that do not have the structure left needed for regular fillings. They are affixed to the tooth’s surface once the decay has been removed (inlay), or the whole tooth when a larger part of the tooth is corroded (onlay).
- Early and Adult Orthodontics – Whether a child whose teeth and jaw are still developing, or an adult with all of their adult teeth, there are cosmetic dentistry procedures that are customizable to individual patients. Braces, retainers, Invisalign (plastic aligners), are all cosmetic dentistry devices that help straighten the teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – One of the most common cosmetic dental procedures, all of the patient’s teeth are safely bleached to restore an unstained look. Teeth whitening can take years of discoloration off of one’s smile.
- Veneers – Made for patients with damaged teeth, veneers are affixed to the front of the tooth with a special adhesive. Like implants, veneers are made to blend in with the rest of the patient’s other teeth so that they don’t have to constantly be mindful of their smile.
Benefits Of Cosmetic Dentistry
Besides giving a boost to one’s self-esteem, seeking cosmetic dentistry help has many benefits. Having damaged, decayed, or missing teeth can have a huge negative effect on living one’s daily life.
Without proper alignment of the teeth, other painful mouth issues such as sores or tears in the cheek or lips can arise. Orthodontics would allow the mouth to heal, decreasing unnecessary discomfort.
Taking care of decaying teeth with inlays or onlays also prevents further pain and/or potential loss of the tooth.
Replacing missing teeth with implants reestablishes a whole host of healthy habits in a person’s life. Eating and speaking normally is something we often take for granted until we experience life with one or more missing teeth. Filling in the empty spaces in one’s jaw with implants also keeps the structural integrity of the jawbone stronger.
Receive the Best Cosmetic Dentistry
Along with being trusted professionals for cosmetic dental care, we also offer our patients the leading family dentistry in West Chester.
Here are some great reasons why you should seek out cosmetic dentistry with West Chester’s favorite dentist:
- We Are Family – Treating every patient who visits our office as if they are a member of our dental family is one of our top priorities.
- We Educate – We also appreciate that patients may have questions about their care. During your consultation, we will walk you through each and every step of your procedure. We want our patients to be well informed of what’s to come.
- Stress-Free Environment – Our compassionate staff facilitates a calming environment to make your visit as stress-free as possible.
- Affordable – High-quality dentistry and orthodontics doesn’t always have to be expensive! At CCFD, we will work with your insurance policy as well as provide flexible payment options that fit your budget.
- Convenient Location – Located on the grounds of Chester County Hospital, we are easy to get to from anywhere in West Chester.
If you’re in need of cosmetic or family dentistry in the West Chester area contact our offices to set up an appointment today at 610-431-0600.